The kitchen room has several lighting requirements. For work areas such as the sink, cooker, island or countertops the light should be clear and bright to allow the task be done well. For social mood, general lights will do the job and provide a soft mood when the meal is on the table. Always mix these two lighting layers to ensure good lighting strategies.
The light bulb type is an important factor you should consider in the lighting design. Kitchen bulbs types are incandescent, fluorescent, halogen, xenon, and LED. Incandescent bulbs convert 90% of their energy to heat. CFL bulbs also convert amounts of their energy to heat and take some time to give its maximum output.
LED lights are the best light sources due to features like:
- Durability, energy efficiency and color quality.
- Longer life up to 25 times than other types.
- Are very compact and low profile and come in a variety of shapes and sizes, which provide design flexibility.
Also LED lights now replaces all the jobs that low voltage has been used for
Check how to replace old fluorescent light fixture in kitchen
Optimize your kitchen lighting with LEDs
LED kitchen lighting is becoming more popular in modern kitchens, in fact, it became a necessity not a choice. As a result of their popularity, they became more affordable.
Since LED lighting provides more options for kitchen lighting design, you can use LED kitchen lighting for your task lighting to provide more focused lighting for your work areas and LED kitchen ceiling lighting and wall lighting for your whole kitchen area.
The big advantage of lighting a kitchen with LED, that you will find it more suitable for different settings and is easy to mount. Good LED kitchen lighting plan configures the room to achieve its function.
In case of using recessed LED lighting for general or task lighting, to get a good layout, you need to check links below
If you have an exist kitchen you can change the type of lighting that you use to LED kitchen lighting, which is easy to use and adaptable, whether for use as ceiling lighting, spot lighting, cabinet lighting, or lighting for highlighting the tray ceiling or cove molding. That change the appearance and feel of your kitchen by amazing degree.
LED Kitchen Lighting ideas
- Try recessed kitchen lighting by energy efficient LED downlights, which are ideal for the modern kitchen providing uniformly ambient lighting, if you cannot install recessed lights in your ceiling you can use led tracks so you have an option to adjust each fixture individually.
- Under-cabinet lighting is an ideal application for LED lights you can use dimmable LED down lights or LED Strip lights to control the mood of your kitchen and ensure that your countertop well covered with light
- You can cover the middle of the kitchen with an island LED light, especially in large kitchens.
- Use kitchen soffit lighting, as interior mood lighting above your kitchen cabinets, it has the ability to hide the lighting fixtures and produce ambient glows, led strips can do that job with their smooth dimming capabilities and colors.
- You can highlight features of your kitchen like cabinets or art work by leading wall lights also, LED Strip lights can be used.
Feedback tell us your ideas for LED kitchen lighting.